QA Checklist for MapServer 5.0 release

Normand Savard nsavard at MAPGEARS.COM
Wed Jul 11 14:14:42 EDT 2007

Steve Lime wrote:

>Thanks so much for taking the lead on this! Are there going to be specific test cases for each column. For example
>how to test AGG on each platform consistently?

Steve and all,

After giving some thoughts about what I could do to have specific test
cases for each column appearing in the QA Checklist table, it becomes
clear to me that it would be difficult for me to create all of them
because of my lack of knowledge on some of these new features.  I
suggest that the developer responsible for each feature add their own
test cases and make them available to the testers.  In this way the
testers' work will be simplified and chances are greater that more
testing will be done.

For that I created a new page linked from the QA Checklist page:
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/development/release_plans/mapserver_5_0/mapserver_5_0_qa_test_cases/?portal_status_message=Changes%20saved.
There is a section for each feature or group of features that acts as a
placeholder for the specific test cases.  I also added some information
about the msautotest and Py-Test test coverage.  I strongly recommend
that each developer put their test cases as soon as possible.  If a
developer of a specific can't do it just send me a zip or a tarball of
the test cases and I will add them for him.

For my part I will create some new test cases for the Dynamic Charting
Capability.

Norm