Minutes of July 20 IRC meeting

Fri Jul 20 15:12:10 EDT 2007

Thanks to everyone who participated in this morning's IRC meeting. Here
are the minutes:

MapServer 5.0 IRC Meeting, July 20, 2007

Agenda:
-------

1- Update from developers vs feature freeze

2- Update from Docs group

3- Update from QA group

4- Review release schedule

5- Next meeting date/time

Minutes:
--------

Present:

   DanielM, UmbertoN, SteveW, NormanV, FrankW, NormandS, JanH, AssefaY,
TamasS

1- Update from developers vs feature freeze

Seems that we're on schedule for the July 23 feature freeze.

We have to expect a few tricky bugs to be fixed in beta1 and beta2, but
after that we'll have to be really more careful to prevent the introduction
of new bugs.

Feature freeze should happen as expected at the end of the day Monday
July 23rd.

2- Update from Docs group

Nothing to report.

3- Update from QA group

General QA/testing discussions.

We talked about FGS/MS4W builds which are linked from the QA page. Frank
created a page for his automated FGS builds, Norm will create a page
providing details about the MS4W builds.

Note that Norm is leaving on vacation today for 2 weeks so Daniel will take
care of the call for volunteers sometimes next week

4- Review release schedule

Danel proposes the following 7 weeks release schedule which plans for
one beta/RC per week, on the Wednesday of each week (5 betas, up to 2 RCs
if needed), leading to a final release on Sept. 12, 2007.

One beta/RC per week is more than we used to have in previous releases,
but this time we'll try to fully take advantage of the fact that we'll
have access to more frequent FGS and MS4W builds for this release.

Everybody agreed with the proposed schedule.

5- Next meeting date/time

As was previously agreed, from now on we will have bi-weekly IRC meetings
on Fridays at 10am EDT.

The next 3 meetings dates will be Friday Aug 3, 17, and 31 at 10am EDT:

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=8&day=3&year=2007&hour=10&min=0&sec=0&p1=165