Questions re. 5.0.0-beta1

Mike Leahy mgleahy at GOLDEN.NET
Fri Jul 27 02:12:56 EDT 2007

Hello List,

I gave beta1 a try just now on F7-64bit, and FC6-32bit.  Everything
looks good as far as I can tell, though I have one quick question, plus
a couple build issues with the csharp mapscript library to ask about.
First...I recall class/style-level transparency was on the todo list for
5.0 - did this make it in?  If so, is there any documentation I can find
about it?

Regarding the csharp library, I was able to successfully compile this on
both 64 and 32 bit (though it took me a while to realize it now uses
'OSGeo.MapServer' as a namespace).  However, I've found that including
either '--enable-coverage' or '--with-fastcgi=/usr' in the MapServer
configure options will cause make to fail when building the csharp
library (this was already the case with the fastcgi option in 4.x...but
I think the coverage option is new).  Also, after mapscript_csharp is
successfully compiled (after configuring without the above two options),
I find that 'make test' fails when run on my 64-bit machine, while on
the 32-bit machine it works perfectly fine (this was also an issue I
recently had with mapserver 4.x).

Despite these small obstacles, it seems that I am still able to use the
library to compile and run my own csharp application on 64-bit (as well
as 32-bit), regardless of the make test results.  I'm not sure if these
issues would be of imminent concern to any of the developers, but if so,
let me know if there is anything in particular I can do to help shed
light on their cause.

Regards,
Mike