RFC 31: Loading MapServer Objects from Strings

Fri Jun 15 11:20:33 EDT 2007

There is a comment on security in the RFC. The current code severely hobbles what can and
cannot be changed via URL. The RFC proposes doing the same.

Note that runtime substitutions probably pose a bigger threat. I added a pattern matching
capability to 4.10 to help with that so a developer could, say, limit values to a 3 digit integer.

We need a security how-to...

Steve