MS RFC 22a: Feature cache for long running processes and query processing (update)

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Thu Jun 28 13:25:17 EDT 2007

Steve Lime wrote:
> I think you start bleeding over into a full-blown feature cache as described. That's kinda why I
> was thinking of using the resultcache. You wouldn't even need msGetShape then, the shape
> would be there for you as you rolled through the feature cache...
>
> (deadline, schmeadline)

Steve,

But all the code that uses the resultcache would need to know to use
the shape directly instead of calling msGetShape().  It would break
all mapscript applications that do queries for instance.  It seems
like a needlessly disruptive approach.

It doesn't *have* to bleed over into a full blown feature cache.