Google Summer of Code Ideas

Mon Mar 12 15:53:46 EDT 2007

Other ideas depend on how deep into the guts you might want someone to go. I like the
KML idea. One could easily envision more general output support. After KML someone would
want GeoRSS and then the next big thing. Would be nice to develop something extensible.
Even taking the existing GML driver and making it an output format would be useful (e.g.
independent of OWS).

Other ideas might include:

  -  label drawing efficiency (building on Steve W.'s bit cache idea)
  - autorotation for polygon features
  - XML mapfiles although that is probably way to big
  - run-time joins for rendering and classification

Steve