RFC-24 Mapscript memory management: call for votes

Hong ljfong at SDF.LONESTAR.ORG
Thu Mar 29 16:27:23 EDT 2007

I'm not able to vote as a user, but I have used mapscript quite extensively
and the ability to manipulate a layer already inserted through a reference is
simply invaluable (code using mapscript is just way cleaner) without having to
re-retrieve the reference (similar to manipulating layers using ActiveX
Connector of ArcIMS). I don't know how complex the internal implementation is,
but as a user I will be very happy with this ability.

Hong