svn logging and MS_CVSID

Kralidis,Tom [Burlington] Tom.Kralidis at EC.GC.CA
Thu May 3 11:44:32 EDT 2007

> Kralidis,Tom [Burlington] wrote:
> > When applying commits, log messages do not appear at the
> top of files
> > the way they did in CVS.
>
> Tom,
>
> Good point.  In fact, we should likely remove the $Log$ logs
> since the fact that they don't reflect the most recent
> changes is confusing.
> I'd be willing to do that if no one objects.  I have a script
> I used for GDAL that should be repurposable.
>
>  >  Do we have to do anything in particular in
> > formatting/keywords when applying commits in svn?
>
> I'm not sure what you mean.  We did discuss including the bug
> id at the end of the commit message prefixed with the #.

I meant is there any particular reason why $Log$ logs weren't being put
out when using svn.  But then I confirmed that $Log$ is not supported as
a keyword
(http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.0/ch07s02.html#svn-ch-7-sect-2.3.4).
So I would agree with removing $Log$ log messages in the code.

> > As well, should MS_CVSID now be MS_SVNID, or maybe something more
> > generic?
>
> Now this sounds like busy work!  I don't see any compelling
> reason to fiddle with this.

Great.  Just checking :)