SDE, connection pooling

Hallgren Johan E jhhal at WMDATA.COM
Mon May 7 05:18:50 EDT 2007

Hello

I have some performance problems that are difficult to manage.

I use SDE and mapscript.

As we know, creating a connection to a database is a time consuming
process. I also expected that if I have a running process, the
connection could be alive as, long as the process is running (by using
the connection pooling). Now I have found that this is not the case. In
the principle code below (even if I have a running process) the SDE
connection will be created two times.

mapObj mapObj = new
mapObj(@"C:\Project\applications\GMS\GMSAgent\MapFiles\svea.map");

layerObj oLayerObj = mapObj.getLayerByName("GISS_FAST");

oLayerObj.queryByAttributes(mapObj, strFld, "(OBJECTID = 19344)",
mapscript.MS_MULTIPLE); ## msSDELayerOpen and msSDECloseConnection ##

oLayerObj.open(); ## msSDELayerOpen ##

      resultCacheMemberObj oResultCacheMemberObj =
oResultCacheObj.getResult(lFeat);

      shapeObj oShapeObj =
oLayerObj.getFeature(oResultCacheMemberObj.shapeindex,
oResultCacheMemberObj.tileindex);

oLayerObj.close();##msSDECloseConnection ##

I expect that open a connection can take a second or more, but
retreaving records could only take 1/10 of a second or less (depends on
number of records).

Is there any plans to inprove this?

/Johan

___________________________________

Johan Hallgren

WM-data a LogicaCMG company

Pelle Bergs backe 3

Box 1938, 791 19 Falun

Tel: 023-547 46 (int: +46-2354746)

Mobil: 070-588 44 28 (int: +46-705884428)

johan.e.hallgren at wmdata.com
<BLOCKED::mailto:johan.e.hallgren at wmdata.com>

http://www.wmdata.se
<BLOCKED::/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.wmdata.se/>