PSC Member Nomination
Arnulf Christl (OSGeo)
arnulf.christl at WHEREGROUP.COM
Tue May 8 12:10:12 EDT 2007
I have not been an active reader of this list lately so please forgive me if this nomination or the whole mail is completely out of context.
I want to propose Jeff McKenna as new MapServer PSC member to the current MapServer PSC/TSC members. He has qualifications going beyond pure implementation skills one of them a very good apprehension of community related issues, another creating, binding and compiling documentation. But I guess that most of you know him a lot better than me anyway.
I read that the initial number of seats is limited to 9. I support the suggestion to be flexible on this, experience shows that broad representation of all perspectives pays off in the long run.
A few minor additional questions (we are still elaborating on PSC guidelines in the Mapbender project, so this is out of professional interest):
* Does the existing TSC/PSC vote for the free slots?
* Will the TSC continue to exist parallel to the PSC?
* Wich xSC has authority over the other (is there a hierarchy)?
* Is there anything like "user membership level". For example what happens if the TSC or PSC runs afoul on some issue that is not tolerated by "broad user membership" (like changing the name to Cheetah)?
* I did not find any date or what form the PSC election has, or is this an ongoing process that can happen at any time? Do you have an independent person to count votes/ballots (suggest to ask OSGeo's CEO).
Arnulf Benno Christl
(OSGeo Board Member)
0173 677 1911
More information about the mapserver-dev