COLORITEM & kin

Attila Csipa plists at PROMETHEUS.ORG.YU
Thu May 10 12:14:53 EDT 2007

On Thursday 10 May 2007 16:34, Daniel Morissette wrote:
> > Is there interest (as in would you support) development of a COLORITEM
> > (and related BACKGROUNDCOLOR, etc items) functionality ? This would work
>
> Steve is already working on this for 5.0. See RFC-19:
> http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/development/rfc/ms-rfc-19

The COLOR is not mentioned explicitly but it seems to be one rare ones not
fitting the usual binding scenarion as it is almost the only one that has
multiple parameters. Can there be multiple bindings ? Now you have:

COLOR [r] [g] [b]

if you translate this into the logic of RFC19 does this mean it would have
three separate bindings for the colour components (items r, g and b), or
would it still be a single binding that encompasses all three values (like a
0xRRGGBB(AA) number) ? This especially gets tricky if we are operating with
PC256 images, should we as Frank asked even use values, or would some sort of
mapping be more appropriate ?