[Fwd: Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-DEV] COLORITEM & kin]

Mon May 14 13:33:48 EDT 2007

I think this was intended to go to the list also.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-DEV] COLORITEM & kin
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 12:15:15 -0500
From: Steve Lime <Steve.Lime at dnr.state.mn.us>
To: Stephen Woodbridge <woodbri at SWOODBRIDGE.COM>
<46432D81.30007 at mapgears.com>
<200705101814.53312.plists at prometheus.org.yu>
<464352B3.6000208 at mapgears.com> <464357BB.8060008 at swoodbridge.com>

My plan at the moment (for 5.0) is to support:

STYLE
   - angle, size, color, outlinecolor, symbol

LABEL
   - angle, size, color, outlinecolor

Color would take either (as in a mapfile):

   - RGB (space delimited)
   - #RRGGBB (hex)

No alpha values. Those would be handled through an opacity proxy
parameter. Should named colors be supported in the future through the
mapfile then we would extend that capability to the binding for colors.

Steve