[Fwd: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] different symbol for elements of the same layer via cgi?]

Schuyler Erle schuyler at NOCAT.NET
Thu May 31 16:30:09 EDT 2007

* On 31-May-2007 at 10:25AM PDT, Stephen Woodbridge said:
> Steve L,
>
> Here is a good use case for being able to bind a column to a symbol
> image. I'm not sure if you had thought of this or if this would be
> possible. But how about something like:
>
> SYMBOLIMAGE "/path/to/symbols/[symbol].png"
> SYMBOLIMAGE [symbol]

I have a concrete use case for this, if I understand the problem
correctly. I have a table of POIs and I want to display different
icons based on the POI attribute. Unless I'm sorely mistaken, I
haven't been able to figure how to do it with MS 4.10 without
resorting to MapScript.

SDE