[Fwd: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] different symbol for elements of the same layer via cgi?]

Thu May 31 13:24:32 EDT 2007

Steve L,

Here is a good use case for being able to bind a column to a symbol
image. I'm not sure if you had thought of this or if this would be
possible. But how about something like:

SYMBOLIMAGE "/path/to/symbols/[symbol].png"
SYMBOLIMAGE [symbol]

or something like that.

-Steve W

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] different symbol for elements of the same
layer via cgi?
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 18:28:37 +0200
From: Ludovico Bianchini <metlud at YAHOO.IT>
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU

Hi,
I'm working with cgi-mapserv and postgis, where there
are stored point elements; everyone has an attribute
with the path of a certain image. Is it possible to
create a map with a different symbol for each point?
I've find this example
http://www.parsec.it/tutorials/mapserver_add_icons.htm
but it is mapscript...