Call for comments - RFC 36

Fri Nov 2 17:04:32 EDT 2007

Steve Lime wrote:
> Hi all: I (with the help of Tom K.) put together an RFC outlining better template support
> for queries via the CGI interface.  Please take a look at:
>
>   http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/development/rfc/ms-rfc-36/
>
> Steve

Steve,

I like this. It seems to be a simple clean way of building out this
capabilities.

One thing that was not clear, but it seems is implied is the fact that
the old per layer TEMPLATE stuff will no longer work. Is this true? If
so, then I think you need to explicitly state that in the "Backwards
Compatibility Issues" section. Reading the other response, I see Daniel
already mentioned this.

Also I think for Documentation we should have a HowTo convert your old
template to the new format or maybe a perl script that does that

I think we need to be able to support multiple different templates and
to be able to select which one will get used for any given request.

-Steve W