Motion: Include MS SQL Server 2008 Native Driver in 5.2

Howard Butler hobu.inc at GMAIL.COM
Mon Nov 12 17:42:18 EST 2007

All,

I would like to motion to include a native driver for Microsoft SQL
Server 2008 in time for the MapServer 5.2 release.  The driver was
developed by I.S. Consulting, it exists (and would continue to) as a
plugin, links against the ODBC libs, and is Windows-only (there's a
chance it could be made to work elsewhere).  I will take
responsibility for maintenance of the driver for the foreseeable
future (patches graciously accepted, however :) ).

For the corresponding MapServer 5.2 MS4W release, I expect that we
will include the msplugin_mssql2008.dll in a similar fashion as the
SDE and soon-to-be-built Oracle plugin drivers.

Assuming no vetos (Tom K :P ), I will include the driver and
modifications makefile.vc to build it as a plugin in trunk on Wednesday.

Howard