Motion: Include MS SQL Server 2008 Native Driver in 5.2

Howard Butler hobu.inc at GMAIL.COM
Mon Nov 12 18:49:57 EST 2007

On Nov 12, 2007, at 5:30 PM, Stephen Woodbridge wrote:
>  Does this need an RFC?

I don't think so.  It is only new functionality, does not affect core
functionality, and has no backward compatibility issues.

> are there any mapfile changes, documentation changes, autotest
> files, howtos (already mentioned the vector howto, how about the
> build howtos, others?), are there mapscript implications.

No to all of these.  Build configuration info will continue to be in
nmake.opt as it is for all other drivers.  We don't maintain database
instances for any of the other drivers for the autotest suite.
MapScript will continue to see it like it does any other driver.

Howard