Motion: Include MS SQL Server 2008 Native Driver in 5.2

Mon Nov 12 19:21:59 EST 2007

Howard Butler wrote:
> On Nov 12, 2007, at 5:30 PM, Stephen Woodbridge wrote:
>>  Does this need an RFC?
>
> I don't think so.  It is only new functionality, does not affect core
> functionality, and has no backward compatibility issues.
>
>> are there any mapfile changes, documentation changes, autotest files,
>> howtos (already mentioned the vector howto, how about the build
>> howtos, others?), are there mapscript implications.
>
> No to all of these.  Build configuration info will continue to be in
> nmake.opt as it is for all other drivers.  We don't maintain database
> instances for any of the other drivers for the autotest suite.
> MapScript will continue to see it like it does any other driver.
>
> Howard

OK, now I'm very confused! How does someone access this data source if
nothing changes? There at least needs to be a new CONNECTION and/or
CONNECTIONTYPE doesn't there?

There probably needs to be a bug to track the change and address
questions like these.

-Steve