Motion to adopt MS-RFC-35 - Standards compliance enforcement

Kralidis,Tom [Burlington] Tom.Kralidis at EC.GC.CA
Mon Nov 12 19:32:48 EST 2007

I confirm that by this email I officially withdraw my -1 vote and replace it with a -0 vote.

-----Original Message-----
From: UMN MapServer Developers List on behalf of Daniel Morissette
Sent: Mon 12-Nov-07 14:16
To: MAPSERVER-DEV at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-DEV] Motion to adopt MS-RFC-35 - Standards compliance enforcement

Kralidis,Tom [Burlington] wrote:

> Having said this, I did not realize that a -1 vote meant a veto until I re-read rfc1.  What I really meant was to vote -0.  I just hope this does not become the norm when implementing OGC standards, that's all.

Hi Tom,

Can you please confirm that by this email you officially withdraw your
-1 vote and replace it with a -0 vote?

Steve (as PSC chair),

Is it sufficient to accept Tom's modified vote and proceed or do we need
to redo the whole vote again since (1) there was a veto and (2) the
voting period has expired now?

Since the PSC Guidelines are not clear on that question I presume it
will be up to you as PSC chair to decide if his vote can be changed or
if we need to do a whole new round of votes.

Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/