Call for comments -RFC 39

Bart van den Eijnden bartvde at GMAIL.COM
Thu Nov 15 10:41:44 EST 2007

Hi Assefa,

so the CLASSGROUP would act as the default style if there are classes
within the same LAYER with different GROUPs defined? Maybe mention
this explicitly in the proposal.

Also, styles can have a title and an abstract next to a name. How
would one set this? Using METADATA like "wms_style_myclassgroup_title"
etc.?

Basically I feel the need for a higher object, something like THEME or
CLASSIFICATION which groups together a set of classes. This would also
make it easier to re-use blocks of classes between several layers
without having to copy/paste them. But I can understand if this is
outside of the scope of this RFC :-)

Best regards,
Bart