SVN head build failure when agg support disabled

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Wed Oct 3 10:48:32 EDT 2007

On 10/3/07, Umberto Nicoletti <umberto.nicoletti at gmail.com> wrote:
> Today I tried to build svn head with the following configure:
>
> ./configure --with-threads --with-pdf --without-tiff --with-gdal
> --with-proj --with-geos
>
> but the linker commplained about a missing msFreeSymbolCacheAGG in mapsymbol.c.
> Enabling agg and freetype made the issue go away.
> I attach a patch that allows the compilation to continue successfully
> so that one of the AGG gurus here can look at it.

Folks,

I have committed this patch in trunk, but I am unclear on
whether it was also a problem in 5.0.  If so, we need a
bug report, and the patch needs to be applied in the5.0
branch.