MapServer 5.0 WMS, requiring styles...

Yewondwossen Assefa assefa at DMSOLUTIONS.CA
Wed Oct 17 16:39:08 EDT 2007

> - In MapServer's case, because we don't support multiple WMS STYLES, STYLES= or STYLES=default is what we support.
If/when we ever support multiple WMS STYLES (I think I came across this
a week or so ago), then STYLES=
becomes especially important.

Tom, my hope is  that when we will add support for multiple styles, we
would still have some reasonable fall back if STYLES is not provided.

  I tend to generally agree with Daniel's comment, let address for now
only the STYLES issue for the upcoming release as proposed in the RFC35.

Later,

Assefa Yewondwossen
Software Analyst

Email: assefa at dmsolutions.ca