vertex simplification

Mon Oct 29 14:02:21 EDT 2007

I agree that both approaches can co-exist. There is renderer-based simplification
already in place although it had an ugly bug with certain (rare) paths- hence Thomas'
work.

On the second question, I had never worried about multipoint features because they
were relatively rare, and even when encountered they had relatively few parts. You're
talking layer-level generalization I take it. Get's a bit trickier though since you'd have to
cache the point and the class being used. Wouldn't think it's worth it but I could be wrong.

Steve

<d2b988930710290616l58d4dbcbh799cb25dc5eec3a6 at mail.gmail.com>, thomas bonfort