mapserver-5.0.0-rc2 scale issues

Sat Sep 15 17:36:39 EDT 2007

Uggh,

I thought we had this problem fixed but it seems to have regressed
somewhere:

http://imaptools.com/~woodbri/work/two-maps.html

AGG 5.0-rc2 on the left and 4.10.1 on the right

these two map files are virtually identical, but the scale computation
on 5.0 is wrong (again) as can be seem by the differences in labeling
and the level of detail of the roads displayed.

This looks like the same/similar problem as

While the exact test cases presented in those tickets do work correctly
you can definitely see differences in the link above.

Also, if you zoom into 25k, all the railroad cross ties are broken also.
They are defined as:

SYMBOL
NAME "railway6"
TYPE truetype
FONT arial
CHARACTER "|"
GAP -6
END

SYMBOL
NAME "railway"
TYPE truetype
FONT arial
CHARACTER "|"
GAP -16
END

Clearly something(s) have changed since I had time to look at it last. I
think these need to get resolved before release. It might only be my
config, but I don't think so.

./configure \
   --enable-ignore-missing-data \
   --enable-debug \
   --with-httpd=/usr/sbin/apache \
   --with-proj=/usr \
   --with-agg=/u/software/agg-2.4 \
   --with-gd \
   --with-gdal \
   --with-freetype \
   --with-postgis \
   --without-tiff \
   --with-wmsclient \
   --with-ogr \
   --with-wfs \

/u/var/www/cgi-bin/mapserv-4.99 -v
MapServer version 5.0.0-rc2 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG
OUTPUT=WBMP OUTPUT=SVG SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=AGG SUPPORTS=FREETYPE
SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER INPUT=EPPL7
INPUT=POSTGIS INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE

-Steve W