mapserver-5.0.0-rc2 scale issues

Howard Butler at GMAIL.COM
Sat Sep 15 17:57:52 EDT 2007

On Sep 15, 2007, at 4:36 PM, Stephen Woodbridge wrote:
>  I think these need to get resolved before release.

I think it is too late, and this issue should wait until 5.0.1.  We  
have been in release mode for two months, and we've had six betas and  
two release candidates.  MapServer 5.0 is not going to be perfect,  
nor do we expect it will be.  Another complication is many folks are  
now in conference prep mode, and delaying to investigate this and fix  
it would delay the release until well after the conference.

MapServer 5.0 is a *major* release, and it will have some growing  
pains, just like 4.0 did.  There will likely be a number of point  
releases along the way as stuff settles down.  Even though we have  
had the betas and release candidates, our testing pool is quite  
limited, especially for software like MapServer that so many people  
use in so many ways.  Once 5.0 is released, the real testing will  
begin :)


More information about the mapserver-dev mailing list