[mapserver-dev] Performance Patch

Jeff McKenna jeffmckenna at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 10:48:54 EDT 2008

Here are my results with testing the shp performance patch:

test shapefile: StatsCan Road Network (1.8 mil records)
test method: shp2img with -map_debug 3
test environment: windows

on Extents showing 162 features only:

ms5.0.2

- no index
msDrawMap(): Layer 0 (statscan roads), 35.672s

- indexed
msDrawMap(): Layer 0 (statscan roads), 1.122s

SVN r7539

- no index
msDrawMap(): Layer 0 (statscan roads), 34.780s

- indexed
msDrawMap(): Layer 0 (statscan roads), 0.210s

-jeff