[mapserver-dev] OT: Help is configure

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Wed Aug 20 12:23:48 EDT 2008

Hi all,

Could someone familiar with configure scripts help me with how to detect
which version of code I'm trying configure and build with. I have a C
application that links with mapserver.a and occasionally I run into
changes like below that I need to detect and set an appropriate DEFINE
so I can code around this if #ifdef blocks.

5.0.3
int msQueryByPoint(mapObj *map, int qlayer, int mode, pointObj p, double
buffer)

5.2.0
int msQueryByPoint(mapObj *map, int qlayer, int mode, pointObj p, double
buffer, int maxresults)

I have a very basic automake, autoconf script that works ok, but I need
to figure out how to add code to check for the above or to check if the
mapserver version is 5.2.0 or greater.

Any help, suggestions or pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks,
   -Steve W