[mapserver-dev] Re: RFCs

Howard Butler hobu.inc at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 12:09:53 EST 2008

On Nov 27, 2008, at 9:13 AM, Howard Butler wrote:

> All,
>
> This is a notice to let you know that all RFCs are to be edited from/
> within subversion, and not on the Plone site.  Additionally, while
> reviewing the RFCs and tweaking the ReStructured text, I noticed
> there were a number of them that had no status information, or did
> not state which version of the software they were implemented for.
> We probably need some sort of styling document describing the
> terminology and protocol for RFCs, but I'd hate to write an RFC on
> how to write an RFC ;)
>
> http://svn.osgeo.org/mapserver/trunk/docs/development/rfc/
>
> Howard

Here's 2.8 mb of MapServer documentation goodness :)

http://iowa.hobu.biz/MapServer.pdf

739 pages, doesn't have any TOC or indexes yet, but should give you an
idea where things are going.   After some consideration, I decided the
ability to cross reference the RFCs made having them in subversion
more valuable than having them in trac.

http://iowa.hobu.biz/msdocs/build/html/index.html still for HTML
version.