[mapserver-dev] MapScript multithreading performance

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 10:32:04 EST 2008

Adrian,

I'm not aware of much locking around the drawing code of it's own.
This might be another issue I think. Would you share your mapfile and
the C# code you test with?
How do you detect which part of the code causes the problem and which not?

I expect your problem reported might be related to some operations
requiring heavy resource access (eg. file loads during epsg lookups).
Have you monitored your disk access that might also be optimized?

I'm not sure if the processor usage is the perfect measure of the
efficiency of the application either.

Best regards,

Tamas