[MAPSERVER-DEV] Standardized source header

Pericles S. Nacionales naci0002 at umn.edu
Mon Feb 11 13:24:27 EST 2008

What about just applying for approval or clarification from OSI.  It's
clear that the MapServer license can be considered as redundant with the
MIT license...  It might be that all that is needed is OSI recognizing
this as the case and that by virtue of being redundant is also approved
but classified as MIT-type license.

Here's a link to OSI's license review process:
http://www.opensource.org/approval

The relevant section for MapServer is "Legacy Approval":

      For Legacy Approval

        By: License Steward or Interested Licensee

Retroactive approval of historic/legacy licenses that have already been
extensively used by an existing community, but have not previously been
approved.

    * Recommend which license proliferation category
      <https://osi.osuosl.org/wiki/help/proliferation> is appropriate
    * Requires less justification than Approval of a new license

Cheers!
-Perry