[mapserver-dev] Mailing List Migration

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Mon Feb 11 15:19:54 EST 2008

thomas bonfort wrote:
> Well that would depend if "a long time" starts from yesterday or from
> the beginning of the umn lists ;)

Unless I missed something, the mapserver-users and mapserver-dev lists
have always been as they are today: I've always had to explicitly use
the [Reply-All] function of my mail client to reply to the lists and my
vote goes to keeping it this way.

> do any others have hard feelings on this change, and/or couldn't the
> list migration be a good opportunity to change this setting to
> something that *seems* to me to be more coherent with the concept of a
> mailing list?

As Chris wrote already, you'll never be able to get everybody to agree
on the best behavior... this same discussion comes back every once in a
while. My main reason for being against forcing the reply-to is
documented as "Principle of Least Damage" in the following document:

Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/