[mapserver-dev] Google Summer of Code 2008

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Feb 28 20:05:17 EST 2008

Stephen Woodbridge wrote:
> Tamas Szekeres wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Are we planning to participate in the GSoC program this year.
>> Do we have a wiki for collecting the project candidates? The
>> submission deadline of the projects is approaching.
>
> Tamas,
>
> Did you get an answer to this?
>
> We talked a bit about some ideas, but I have no idea what needs to
> happen next?

Steve,

The MapServer team just needs to assemble ideas in the wiki.  Wolf
Bergenheim will be acting as administrator for this years SoC application
by OSGeo (with support from me) and will apply on our behalf.  If
approved, the mapserver PSC should officially designate a set of
potential mentors to evaluate applications and eventually approve a
ranking of mapserver related proposals.

So, basically, for now we just need to collect idea, and perhaps get an
idea of folks who would potentially be willing to mentor and that we would
be comfortable with.