[mapserver-dev] Google Summer of Code 2008

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Thu Feb 28 20:53:51 EST 2008

Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> Stephen Woodbridge wrote:
>> Tamas Szekeres wrote:
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> Are we planning to participate in the GSoC program this year.
>>> Do we have a wiki for collecting the project candidates? The
>>> submission deadline of the projects is approaching.
>>
>> Tamas,
>>
>> Did you get an answer to this?
>>
>> We talked a bit about some ideas, but I have no idea what needs to
>> happen next?
>
> Steve,
>
> The MapServer team just needs to assemble ideas in the wiki.  Wolf
> Bergenheim will be acting as administrator for this years SoC application
> by OSGeo (with support from me) and will apply on our behalf.  If
> approved, the mapserver PSC should officially designate a set of
> potential mentors to evaluate applications and eventually approve a
> ranking of mapserver related proposals.
>
> So, basically, for now we just need to collect idea, and perhaps get an
> idea of folks who would potentially be willing to mentor and that we would
> be comfortable with.
>
> Best regards,

Thanks Frank,

Do we have a wiki page for this? can someone create on if not.

1) We discussed briefly the idea of do the raster based labelcache
handling idea that I proposed a while back. If something more than this
as an idea needs to be written up on this, I am happy to write it up.

2) I would like to add the tilted perspective projection rendering mode
to this list also. This generate a momentary flash of interest and a lot
of ideas related to its implementation. I will try to collect them an
summarize them in a ticket. Again if we need a writeup on this I would
be happy to do an initial draft.

Best regards,
   -Steve W