Is MapServer Thread-safe?

Adrian Kruk adrian.kruk at GMAIL.COM
Tue Jan 22 09:36:38 EST 2008

>Why do you think this is a "big limitation"?  There are many MapServer
users, >myself included, running MapServer as a CGI application - including
as a WMS >server - with "many clients running simultaneously".

What does mean "many" for you?

>What kind of equipment are you using and what kind of user load do you
expect?  >It sounds like you have concluded that a standard CGI WMS
application of >MapServer is simply unsuitable for you, and I haven't seen
information that >explains why you think that.

WMS is ok, but I need C# API to create any gis application (e.g. with
adding/modyfing spatial features, with requested by bussiness client
webservice interface, etc).

The problem is with scalability with using mapscript. Changing server from 1
processor architecture to 4 performance will increase performance but I
think that not much in really big workload.