[mapserver-dev] MapServer 5.2 Beta 4 Available

Steve Lime Steve.Lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Wed Jul 2 21:11:31 EDT 2008

Hi folks: MapServer 5.2 Beta 4 has just been released. The source package is available for download at:

  http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/download/beta

The list of changes/fixes since 5.0 can be found at the end this message. This is a significant release so
we need your help in testing. 5.2 should compatible with any 5.0 applications/mapfiles so it should be
relatively easy for folks to test. Please let us know how it goes!

This is the 4th, and last, beta release (we hope) and if all goes well there will be a release candidate next week and the final release the week after. I promise not to apply any more lightly tested patches...

More details can be found in the 5.2 release plan at:

  http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/development/release_plans/mapserver_5_2/release_plan/

Steve

Version 5.2.0-beta3 (2008-07-02):
---------------------------------

- Added support in configure script for pkg-config for fribidi2 (#2664)

- Added more debug/tuning output to mapserv and shp2img at debug level 2 (#2673)

- maptemplate.c: removed extra line feeds from mime header output. (#2672)

- mapresample.c: fix for bug 2540 when using raster resampling and AGG.

- mapsde.c: Check at compile time that we have SE_connection_test_server,
  which appears to only be available for ArcSDE 9+ (#2665).

- mapshape.c: restore old behavior of tiled shapes relative to shapepath
  with new behavior for when shapepath is undefined (#2369)

- maputil.c: fix a bug for offset lines with agg, when the first segment
  was horizontal (#2659)

- mapraster.c: fix for tiled rasters with relative shape paths defined,
  from dfurhy (#2369)

- maptemplate.c: fixed a problem with extent tags with _esc extension not
  working (#2666)