[mapserver-dev] how does CONNECTIONTYPE function?

zhox at 163.com zhox at 163.com
Tue Jul 15 22:26:10 EDT 2008

Hi guys,

I want to know why I meet a problem telling that "getSymbol():Symbol definition error. Parsing error near(LOCAL):(line 91)" when I declare the CONNECTIONTYPE as LOCAL, if I do not declare that, it is OK. Does that mean if I use a shapefile as data source, I can not declare the CONNECTIONTYPE definitely even it has a default value of LOCAL? Following is the affected segment of the Mapfile:
	LAYER
		NAME rivers   #shape file
		GROUP "VECTOR"
		TYPE LINE
		STATUS DEFAULT
		DATA ../../data/rivers
		CONNECTIONTYPE LOCAL
		DUMP TRUE
		POSTLABELCACHE FALSE
		TOLERANCE 5
		TEMPLATE "../../templates/rivers_query_body.html"
		HEADER "../../templates/rivers_query_header.html"
		PROJECTION
			 "init=epsg:4326"
		END
		CLASS
			NAME "Rivers"
			COLOR 0 0 255
		END
	END

Could you please clarify what's the relationship between CONNECTIONTYPE CONNECTION and DATA?

Enri Zhou