[mapserver-dev] Demo host?

Steve Lime Steve.Lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Thu Jun 19 00:14:41 EDT 2008

I think that will work fine. I was hoping to demo PostGIS <=> MapServer if possible
but it's not imperative. I was planning to toss the demo in svn and we could use
/osgeo/mapserver/demo as a default configuration path. I'll work on getting the
first demo, "Hello World" in place and we can use that to test.

I appreciate the help!

Steve

Steve Lime wrote:
> Hi all: As I put together the demo I proposed awhile back it occurs to me
> that I need a place to host it. The DNR is not appropriate. I like the
> newest OpenLayers setup that has many simple examples and was going to
> emulate that although with a thematic groups. Anyone aware of some options
> with regards to hosting?

Steve,

We could setup an area for hosting this on a telascience blade.  Perhaps
the "upload.osgeo.org" host we already use for creating mapserver nightly
snapshots.  In fact, you can go ahead and set stuff up now under
/osgeo/mapserver/demo and we can do a bit of work on the apache config to
run mapserver.

We would presumably need to install mapserver.  Perhaps we could use something
very self contained like FGS.

Keep in mind that stuff like /osgeo/mapserver is not backed up by default.

I'd be happy to work with you on this as needed.