[mapserver-dev] Support for the MapInfo style zoom layering option.

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 17:01:53 EDT 2008

2008/6/25 Steve Lime <Steve.Lime at dnr.state.mn.us>:
> If we went the way of using "REQUIRES" as a long term goal then I don't think it's worth adding parameters
> with the intent of pulling them shortly. I think generalizing REQUIRES, with a custom parser as you mention
> is the best solution. I think there is some leeway in syntax and we can talk about maintaining backwards
> compatibility with respect to [layername].
>
> If your contract doesn't afford time to pursue the REQUIRES approach right now then perhaps a more
> hackish, temporary solution would be to hijack minscaledenom and maxscaledenom and use a processing
> directive to trigger the different interpretation.

Steve,

I'm also in favour of this solution, and if it can be accepted by the
user then I'll be trying to focus on msEvalContext and implement
something inside, instead of adding new mapfile elements.
I'll create another proposal with regards to my expected syntax in
case if I have something working.

Best regards,

Tamas