[mapserver-dev] Farsi right-to-left labels

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Fri Mar 14 21:52:08 EDT 2008

I also came across fribidi2 which looks like it already has the joining
code implemented

http://www.google.com/search?num=100&hl=en&newwindow=1&q=fribidi2

and looks like it might be "rev 2" of the GNU fribidi code.

Daniel, let me know if I can help you with test cases. I have a lot of
data with Arabic in it although I can not read Arabic myself.  I could
use this now if we had a patch or it was in svn instead of adding a new
column and populating it with the Perl script.

Thanks,
   -Steve W