[mapserver-dev] Proposed maporaclespatial.c header...

Steve Lime Steve.Lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Mon Mar 17 10:57:40 EDT 2008

After all the feedback I think we should leave well enough alone. I'll make the header
change though.

Steve

Steve Lime wrote:
> Aversion to really long source file names is driving the change... Plus folks seem to use SDO as
> the common way of referring to Oracle Spatial so this would be inline with that.  IMHO that swiching
> map.h to mapserver.h was far more significant and doesn't seem to have cause many problems.

I don't think it's the filename change that's a problem for Frank, I
think it's mostly the mapfile change (ORACLESPATIAL -> SDO) and its
impact on the users. I would have to agree that we should avoid changing
the mapfile identifiers unless there is a good reason to do so, and in
this case I am not convinced that SDO is more commonly used than Oracle
Spatial in day to day talk (for the little interaction I have with
Oracle users). I admit that I always found ORACLESPATIAL was a bit long
as an identifier, but it may be too late to change it.

So I'd be -0 on the ORACLESPATIAL identifier change.

Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/