[mapserver-dev] Farsi right-to-left labels

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Mon Mar 17 15:09:05 EDT 2008

Stephen Woodbridge wrote:

> Daniel, let me know if I can help you with test cases. I have a lot of
> data with Arabic in it although I can not read Arabic myself.  I could
> use this now if we had a patch or it was in svn instead of adding a new
> column and populating it with the Perl script.

Steve, and All,

Alan has ported and tested the fribidi patches from ticket #956 with
MapServer 5.1 (trunk) and I have committed that in r7457:
   http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/changeset/7457

Please go ahead and test with your Arabic data.

Assefa, if you could test this on Windows and update the Makefile.vc
then that would be great.

With respect to joining, I have created a new ticket just for that:
Please add any relevant info to that ticket.

Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/