[mapserver-dev] bug in WFS writer?

Steve Lime Steve.Lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Wed Mar 19 15:11:37 EDT 2008

Couple of questions:

  - how are you defining a "problem", based on TatukGIS's rendering or some other method? I'm not saying there isn't a problem but how do you know it's not a problem with the renderer?
  - do you have the source data (a shapefile?) available for testing?
  - what version of MapServer?

I recall another bug recently similar to this. It had to do with the MapServer point-in-polygon being indeterminate when a point in one part is on a polygon edge. The function is key to determining inner and outer rings. I thought I fixed it though, at least in SVN. Since a legal polygon can only share 1 vertex with an edge I updated the code to check at least 2 and one more to break the tie if one happened to be on an edge. That worked in any testing I had done.

Steve