[mapserver-dev] What version of Microsoft Tools?

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Wed Mar 19 16:08:43 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I have a need to be able to compile mapserver for Windows. What tools
are required for this? Yes, I know there are pre-built binaries, but for
various reasons I can not go that route and cygwin is not going to be a
viable option either, unfortunately.

My requirements are rather simple beyond needing to compile in the
windows environment and that is to be able to make a basic mapserver
executable. I do not expect that my requirements will expand.

Options? recommendations? links to extra tools to make life easier?

Thanks,
   -Steve