[mapserver-dev] RFC 24 Changes to mapscript/perl/plmodule.i

Steve Lime Steve.Lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Wed Mar 19 17:34:27 EDT 2008

Hi all: I've been beating my head against a configuration problem with Perl MapScript today that stems from changes
made for RFC 24. I have multiple version of mapscript installed and it's fairly straight forward with Perl to do so, change
1 line in mapscript.i and one in Makefile.PL. Until now that is. In plmodule.i there are references to mapscriptc and mapscript
that must also be changed. I can do that and will also update the Perl README to reflect that additional step. Before I do
so I was wondering if there were a more portable way to write plmodule.i so that it could automatically pick up on name
change for the whole module. I don't how big a problem this is for other languages. Thoughts?