[mapserver-dev] RE: [UMN_MAPSERVER-DEV] Performance transparency

Hallgren, Johan johan.hallgren at logica.com
Fri Mar 21 03:02:17 EDT 2008

Hello Thomas

It sounds really good, and I smiles when a read your reason to work:)

Have you seen any performance differences? I don't know if you have followed my question but the problem we had was that when the size of the image increased the performance decreased more than expected (when using transparency). We had a raster map in background and rendered a polygon layer on top. As you probably understand we need to see thru the polygons. We want to have the polygon layer semi transparent, like 40% transparent or so.

Do you think you work will affect us?

Regarding Steves question about how to trigger it. I always search for transparence because I understand what it means. If we should have a distinction because the use of the word to day (transparency) I would prefer opacity.

Best Regards
Johan

Johan Hallgren

Logica
Pelle Bergs backe 3
Box 1938, 791 19 Falun
Tel (och mobil): 023-547 46 (int: +46-2354746)
johan.hallgren at logica.com
http://www.logica.se