[mapserver-dev] RE: [UMN_MAPSERVER-DEV] Performance transparency

thomas bonfort thomas.bonfort at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 17:07:43 EDT 2008

On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 9:48 PM, Steve Lime <Steve.Lime at dnr.state.mn.us> wrote:
> I believe Thomas already has it working but I don't know that it is in SVN yet. It will only be supported for the AGG renderer  I think. There are certain caveats about it's use (for example it doesn't work well with certain types of linear data presentations. This should be in place for 5.2.
>
>  One question that remains is how to trigger it. I favor use of the opacity keyword as opposed to the specifying an alpha channel in a color.
>
>  Steve

will probably be working on this over the weekend (provided the crappy
weather announced here is true, I can't promise anything if not ;)
I'll keep in touch in the beginning of next week so folks who are
interested in this can have a test at it before the 5.2 release.

cheers,

--
Thomas Bonfort

Camptocamp France SAS
Savoie Technolac, BP 352
73377 Le Bourget du Lac, Cedex

Tel : +33 (0)4 79 26 57 97
thomas dot bonfort at camptocamp dot com
http://www.camptocamp.com