[mapserver-dev] RE: [UMN_MAPSERVER-DEV] Performance transparency

Steve Lime Steve.Lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Thu Mar 20 16:48:22 EDT 2008

I believe Thomas already has it working but I don't know that it is in SVN yet. It will only be supported for the AGG renderer  I think. There are certain caveats about it's use (for example it doesn't work well with certain types of linear data presentations. This should be in place for 5.2.

One question that remains is how to trigger it. I favor use of the opacity keyword as opposed to the specifying an alpha channel in a color.

Steve

>>> "Hallgren, Johan" <johan.hallgren at logica.com> 03/20/08 5:26 AM >>>
Hello

I have had a question last year related to performance when using transparency. Steve mentioned that there are plans to support feature-level transparency. Do we have any progress at that issue? When can I count on that feature?

/Johan

Johan Hallgren

Logica

Pelle Bergs backe 3

Box 1938, 791 19 Falun

Tel (och mobil): 023-547 46 (int: +46-2354746)

johan.hallgren at logica.com

http://www.logica.se