[mapserver-dev] Version 5.2 code freeze...

Pericles S. Nacionales naci0002 at umn.edu
Mon May 5 12:39:29 EDT 2008

Sorry I've missed this one...  +1.  By all means let's work on getting 
5.2 out and the project out of incubation.  What else do we need to do 
for the provenance review?  Is it just double checking the headers and 
copyright assignments?  I'll have a look later today.


Steve Lime wrote:
> With several +1's or +5's it looks like folks are ok with this in principle. While I wait for others
> to chime in I think it would be a good idea for all devs to get their tickets up-to-date. Any work
> planned for 5.2 that doesn't have a ticket needs one ASAP. If everyone would take a pass through
> the 5.2 milestone I would appreciate it. Updates on 5.2 works and deferrals to 5.4 would be very
> helpful. As a reminder check out:
>   http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/roadmap
> There are 170 open tickets (but 103 already closed) so we have work to do.
> One thing I was hoping to accomplish with this release was a completed provenance review so that
> we could get the heck out of incubation. We are very close. The last of the header changes we posted
> to this list awhile ago although I don't know if they were applied. (Norm, can you update?) What do
> folks think?
> Steve
>>>> On 5/5/2008 at 9:31 AM, in message
> <2DC5CCA14756424BBBEE8B4B2E4A682F03BCC0E2 at ecburexch1.ontario.int.ec.gc.ca>,
> "Kralidis,Tom [Burlington]" <Tom.Kralidis at ec.gc.ca> wrote:
>> +1
>> ..Tom
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: mapserver-dev-bounces at lists.osgeo.org on behalf of Steve Lime
>> Sent: Mon 05-May-08 10:03
>> To: mapserver-dev at lists.osgeo.org 
>> Subject: [mapserver-dev] Version 5.2 code freeze...
>> Hi all: I suspect that there's still a ton of work going on that is planned 
>> for 5.2, and there tons of tickets still tied to that release. I'm thinking a 
>> deadline might get folks moving. So, I'd like to propose a code freeze on May 
>> 30th for 5.2. With a couple of betas and a couple of release candidates that 
>> would put the release date near July 1st. That gives us time for at least one 
>> point release before the OSGeo mtg. and the plans for 5.4 should be well 
>> under way. What do folks think?
>> Steve
>> _______________________________________________
>> mapserver-dev mailing list
>> mapserver-dev at lists.osgeo.org 
>> http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/mapserver-dev
> _______________________________________________
> mapserver-dev mailing list
> mapserver-dev at lists.osgeo.org
> http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/mapserver-dev

More information about the mapserver-dev mailing list