[mapserver-dev] Call for vote on RFC 40

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Tue May 6 10:14:57 EDT 2008

thomas bonfort wrote:
> hi all,
> I've let time slip since first proposing this, so I'd like to call for
> vote on rfc40 which concerns text alignment and line breaking to have
> this in for 5.2
>
> http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/development/rfc/ms-rfc-40/

Thomas,

This would be great to get into 5.2.

1) Have you given any thought into rendering right to left labels and if
that has any impact with this. I'm thinking of the new fribidi code that
was recently integrated. I might just work as you have it planned.

2) If label quality if more important that speed for a user that is
doing say tiles. What is the level of effort to get good quality right
alignment? Given that you say right aligment will not look that good
with the current plan.

-Steve