[mapserver-dev] setConfigOption is not working

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed May 14 13:11:46 EDT 2008

Murty Maganti wrote:
> Hi
>

> I am trying to set a CONFIG option (using C# mapscript ) but it doesn’t
> seems to have any affect.
>

> Here is the code
>

> mapObj map = new mapObj(“C:\\mymap.map”);
>
> map.setConfigOption("MS_PLUGIN_DIR", “C:\\my_plugins”);
>
> map.applyConfigOptions();
>

> imageObj image=map.draw();
>

> It is not loading the plug-in DLL. If I set this config option directly
> in the map file, it works fine. Also, when I debug and check the value
> of ‘plugin_library’ on layerObj, it does not contain the prefix of
> plug-in directory.

Murty,

Unfortunately, this is a flaw in the way things are processed.  The
MS_PLUGIN_DIR item is consulted as the map is being parsed so settig it
after creating the map object does no good.  I can't really think of any
way around this for you, other than modifying the input map before creating
the map object.

Sorry...